Due to limitations of pre-pellet fat inclusion, it has to be considered that adding more than %5 fat risks the pellet durability. In broiler diets, higher fat-included products are required for efficiently producing and to provide this demand the products that have higher protein and lower energy should be designed in the industry. By vacuum coating and choosing minimum fines in the feed, a higher level of fats can be added to the pelleting process.
Creating a vacuum in pellet pores by pump out the air forces the liquids such as fats, bio-actives, nutraceuticals to penetrate deep into the pellet pores. With a lower density in extruded feed, a higher amount of liquids can be vacuumed in the products, especially aqua and pet feed. Due to its tight form of pellets, pellets got higher density and lower porosity. So higher densities cause problems with penetrating liquids into the feeds. By developing new formulas and improving current product recipes, producing the pellets with higher porosity and lower density will increase of using vacuum coating to add fats and heat-sensitive bio-actives in broiler pellets.
FEEDTECH vacuum coaters are designed to spray high percentages of fats and other liquids on pellets and extruded feed in vacuum conditions. By installing a vacuum coater next to the drying, before the cooling units, it is possible to include up to 30% fats in extruded fish feeds.
Comparing to fat dosing on die:
- More accurate dosing and better distribution throughout the feed
- No contamination in pellet mill or extruder.
- Considerably simpler and cleaner process.
- Provides maintenance of Pellet Durability Index (PDI).
- Reducing wastage of product losing with fines.
- Increasing in absorption of solvent in oil vitamins in animals’ digestive system.
- Better utilization of feeds so the process plays an increasingly important role both in terms of high nutritive value and better chemical and physical features of the pellets.
- Increases energy density.
- Versatile operation and compact design Low energy consumption
- Volume:500 – 2800 liters
- Line capacities: 3000 to 20,000 kg/h, depending on the amount of liquid added
- Minimum volume: 25% of the nominal volume
- Maximum volume: 110% of the nominal volume
- Maximum percentage of added liquids is 24% (excluding fat and oil which is already present in the product)
- Aquatic feed plants:
Addition of pigments and micro-ingredients as well as oil up to 30%
- Pet food plants:
Addition of micro-ingredients, aromas as well as oils and fats up to 17%
- Feed production:
Addition of Phytase enzymes and vegetable oil up to 8%
- Standard in normal steel and suitable for 200 mbar of absolute under pressure.
- In 304 or 316L stainless steel
- Integrated sub-hopper with butterfly valve
- Vacuum pump
- Liquid dosing pumps
- Powder feed
- Weighing system
- Mixing tanks for various liquids
- Drive provided by two motor reducers